- Obtaining AXAEM
- AXAEM Project
- Community Support
- News & Events
APPX offers a variety of implementation services including data migration.
APPX Software will work with your Archivist to develop a Detailed Design document that will describe how AXAEM will be deployed for your site.
AXAEM was designed to be a modular solution with a configuration and setup capabilities to meet your requirements. There are a number of steps involved to prepare your installation for AXAEM.
- Create parameter files to record institution-specific information needed for MARC and EAD output.
- Create a separate file with child files to represent the bibliographic hierarchy, and then rewrite the EAD output to reflect that hierarchy.
- Add sub-components to the PROCDESC file to reflect other institutions' use of EAC <c0x> flexibility. This will likely impact the use of exporting to or importing from Microsoft Excel.
- Make changes to the agency authority file to reflect whether a record creator is a government entity, other corporate name, personal name, or meeting name, and make MARC output reflect that in its choice of 1xx fields used. Probably secondary and tertiary creators should be allowed to be tied to bibliographic records, too, either as part of the main entry or added entry in the catalog.
- Determine if fields for custom cataloging are needed, since APPX makes a lot of decisions by default, which may not meet organization requirements, and may change from series to series.
- Determine any additional integration needs and design the appropriate integration code.