- Obtaining AXAEM
- AXAEM Project
- Community Support
- News & Events
This page provides information on how to obtain AXAEM.
What about APPX? Does AXAEM need it to work?
AXAEM is an Open Source application developed using the APPX Rapid Applications Development tool from APPX Software, Inc. AXAEM operates using the APPX engine. AXAEM is Open Source software and thus is distributed at no charge. APPX is licensed software. It is available at no charge for a 1 concurrent user license. This is a fully functional APPX license. When more than 1 concurrent AXAEM user is needed, the appropriate number of APPX licenses must be purchased or rented. APPX Software, Inc. has a number of options available to you to better manage your initial and recurring costs. Please refer to the Professional Services page here for details.
What would you like to accomplish?
Decide if you would like to take a look at AXAEM via webcasts or with the assistance of APPX Software, or are you ready to start the process of downloading, installing, and deploying the application. If you would like to discuss your options and potential next steps, contact us here.
I would like to evaluate AXAEM at my location
You can evaluate AXAEM at your site in one of two ways:
- Download AXAEM and a free 1 user license to APPX and with the assistance of APPX Software, Inc. setup your AXAEM installation and test it. After your evaluation is complete, you will decide
- Request that APPX Software, Inc. setup an instance of AXAEM for you. You will access AXAEM from the APPX web client which you can download here. This will allow you to fully test and evaluate the application without any effort to host AXAEM. Be aware that this is for your casual use and is not recommended without some AXAEM training. APPX Software offers classes in AXAEM and also provides webcasts to assist you in becoming familiar with particular functions of the application.
- When you have completed your evaluation of AXAEM, you decide how many users you need to use AXAEM concurrently, and what type of support you will need.
- The Professional Services page here will describe licensing and support options.
- If you want to keep costs very low, several users could share a free 1 concurrent user license to APPX, and technical support and training could be arranged on a per incident basis.
- We recommend that you consider a multi-user license for APPX and a support contract for AXAEM and APPX. This allows you to budget for your support needs and allow concurrent use by more than one user.
I would like to use AXAEM at my location
You can use AXAEM at your site in one of several ways:
- Download AXAEM and a free 1 user license to APPX.
- With the email assistance of APPX Software, Inc. setup your AXAEM installation.
- If a 1 user license is sufficient, no support agreement is needed, and all services can be provided on a per incident basis
- You can use the AXAEM.com website and the associated support web pages and wiki to get AXAEM community support.
- If needed, APPX Software offers chargeable consulting and training services to make your staff comfortable and competent with AXAEM.
Remotely Cloud Hosted
- Request that APPX Software, Inc. setup a production instance of AXAEM for you on Amazon Web Services.
- You will access AXAEM from the APPX web client which you can download here. This will allow you to use AXAEM without any effort to host AXAEM.
- Web Services charges will vary depending on the number of users and the amount of data stored. This is a way to avoid the cost of setting up and managing an IT infrastructure at your location.
- This option requires the purchase or rental of the appropriate number of concurrent user licenses for APPX and a support agreement.
- This is a good way to have a fully functional system with minimal IT cost and effort.
Hosted at my site
- Working with your IT staff, APPX Software, Inc. will plan to deploy AXAEM at your facility or datacenter.
- You may choose to have APPX Software, Inc. setup a production instance of AXAEM at your location.
- Your IT staff may decide to provide installation services under the guidance of APPX Software, Inc.
- You will access AXAEM from the APPX local or web client depending on your site policies. This will allow you to use AXAEM with the level of local control you are accustomed to.
- This option requires the purchase of the appropriate number of concurrent user licenses for APPX and a support agreement.
- This is a good way to have a locally managed and controlled system. It may be the appropriate solution to meet your organization's requirements for security and manageability.
Download APPX environment. APPX operates in a variety of Server environments, as well as in the Amazon Cloud. Depending on your requirements, it may be appropriate to download a version of APPX for use in your location, or you may decide to have your installation be managed using the cloud model via Amazon. APPX is licensed software and a valid license must be purchased from APPX Software. The webpage for downloading APPX is here.
Download AXAEM Open Source application. AXAEM is Open Source licensed. That means that it is available using an Open Source license, and may be modified by you and shared to benefit the AXAEM community. The Open Source license that is used by AXAEM is the GPL.
When AXAEM is ready for release, it will be downloadable here. We anticipate it's release sometime during Fall, 2010.
After both APPX and AXAEM are downloaded, contact APPX Software here for assistance with the setup of the base environment and the application. AXAEM is an enterprise level archives management application. It must be configured to meet the specific requirements of your installation. APPX is the development and runtime environment on which AXAEM operates. There are a series of actions that must occur for the installation to be successful. APPX Software Inc. provides Professional Services to ensure a successful deployment of AXAEM.